Saturday, January 16, 2010

Subjects for This Semester

I am just starting my second year in UiTM Segamat on January 2010. That means, now I am a third semester student. For this semester, I need to take seven subject including co-curriculum to finish my semester that are BEL311, QMT216, BMD101, FIN 262, CTU 241, ECO211 and HKR113. So, let me tell you one by one subject that I have taken for this semester.

Let’s start with BEL311. BEL311 is stands for English for Academic Purpose and this subject is pre-requisite with BEL 260 take I currently take in semester two. So, if the student does not pass for the BEL260 paper, they cannot take BEL311 for this semester. My lecturer for these subjects is Mr.Izuan, who is the same lecturer when I am in semester two. Mr.Izuan were very shocked that he got my class again for this semester because he said he never get to teach the same class twice. Mr.Izuan is a strict person and never gives us his smile and it makes us quite afraid with him. I think BEL311 is a tough subject because we need to do more on writing essay. We have three credit hours and the assessment mark is depends on 30% on term paper, 20% on discussion, 10% for attendance and another 40% is for final. I think this is one of my favorites subject because I can improve my English through this subject and I hope I can get the best result for this semester.

Next is QMT216, QMT216 is stands for Introduction to Statistics. The lecturer that teaches us for this subject is Prof Madya Ruhana Binti Zainnuddin. She is a kind and soft spoken person. Usually we will start our class with having talk that related to the religion and she will give lots of advice that very useful for us. What I know about this subject is QMT216 is just like MAT140 that I have take in my first semester. That means the subject require the calculation on solving the problem. So I am so excited to go through on this subject and hope I can do well for this subject. For the time being, I think the classroom that we use for the class is comfortable for us. Besides that, for QMT216 we had the class in the morning so that is the advantage for us because we still fresh to get the information that given to us. Three credits hours for this subject and the ongoing marks is 20% on test, 10% for the project work, 10% for assignment and quizzes and another 60% for the final exam.

The third subject that I learn for this semester is BMD101 which is stands for Mandarin. Mr. Lim Yoon Chong is my lecturer for this subject. We call him ‘Laoshi Lim’ because ‘Laoshi’ is stands for teacher in Mandarin. He is a kind and cheerful person. I think this subject is interesting because I can learn other language and in addition I love to watch Chinese movie so that it will easy for me to watch the movie without need the subtitles. BMD101 does not have final paper just there has speaking test and the project work for the student. BMD101 is one of my favorites subject because it is interesting class and has a good lecturer that teach me for this subject. I hope I can get A for this subject even though this is the first time I learn Mandarin.

FIN262 is the code for my fourth subject that I take for this semester.FIN262 is stands for Fundamental of Finance. Puan Norsaliza is the lecturer for this subject and even she has got married she is still young, cheerful and active person. Finance is all related with the money. This is interesting subject because I have started fall in love with accounting subject since I entered UiTM. And these subjects absolutely become my favorite’s subject for this semester. We have two classes in a week, first class is in u208 and the second class is in AV2. The assessment for this FIN262 is 30% on test, 5% on quizzes and assignment, 5% on lecturer personal evaluation and another 60% is for the final examination.

Next is ECO211 that stands for macroeconomic. ECO211 is pre-requisite with ECO162 that we have take in the past semester. So, if the student does not pass for ECO162 paper they cannot take ECO211 for this semester. Miss Diyana Binti Isahak is my lecturer for this subject. She is a new lecturer and she just starting her job as a lecturer this year. She still young and single and she is an active person. This is because the energy from the starting class until end of the class is still the same. Even though Miss Diyana is a new lecturer she’s still good on give the lecture to her student. But for me ECO211 is not the interesting subject for me even though there’s had a calculation too for this subject. I hope I can do well for this subject.

I also take CTU241 for this semester. CTU241 is stands for ‘Asas Ekonomi Islam’. Ustazah Siti Aishah BInti Sokhibul Fadil is the lecturer for this subject and she said that she’s the only lecturer who teaches this subject for the whole part three students. She still young and single and also she is a cute person. On my first class with her, she tells about on how she starting becomes a lecturer. Even though she is a new lecturer, she good in give lecture to her student and she look like have lots of experience in teaching. My impression for this subject is just like the past two semesters that I have done. Many students said that it easier to get A for this subject, but it is not for me because I think CTU241 is tough subject for me because it needs more attention on reading.

Last but not least, the subject for co-curriculum. I take HKR 113 that is stands for ‘Pengurusan Masjid’. The lecturer that will handle my class is Ustaz Sufi. In our first meeting, we have divided into two groups that is one group for the girl and another group is for the boy. So, for the first class we have to attend a talk in a mosque. What we will learn for this subject is all about the mosque like the function of the mosque and the history on the mosque.

That’s all that I can tell about my subject for this semester. I hope I can do well in every subject that I take for this semester. See you on the next story..da~~

No comments:

Post a Comment