Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine

VALENTINE...

I think most of us know that 14 February in every year is the day for 'Valentine Day'. What I understand about Valentine Day is the day that is celebrated by the lovers. This is the day for the couple to celebrate their love. But, as a Muslim there is no day that calls Valentine Day. So, as a Muslim we cannot celebrate this day and there is no Valentine Day in our calendar.

Most people said Valentine Day is the day to show off our love to our partner but for me there is no specific day and date to show our love. If we love someone we can show our love at anytime and anywhere. But it depends on that kind of person, some people may said that Valentine Day is the suitable time to show the love for their lover but some people said that they can show their love without need the special day happen.

What I remember about Valentine Day is a rose. When I am in primary school, there is some organization like KOPERASI that sell roses for that special day. I think not only roses but there is much thing such as teddy bear and chocolate that can give for the person who we love for that day. For the person who have no lover for that time they can give it to their friends or teacher.

For me I have no experience on celebrating Valentine Day. Oh no.. Now I remember, I have a little experience for that day. When I am in the form two, I got a present and chocolate for Valentine Day from the person who I admired in the form one. I feel so weird why he gives me the present for that day because that is not my birthday for that day. When I asked him why he gives me that present, the answer that I got from him is he only want to give me something so then he give. But then I remember that day is 14 February, and maybe he gives me the present because it is Valentine Day.

In addition, what we can see in Valentine Day is we can see many couple will be dating for that day. So, if we go to the shopping complex for that day, we can see couple in everywhere because shopping complex is one of the favourite places for the lover to date. Coincidentally this year the Valentine Day share the same day with Chinese New Year, and I think Chinese people is much better celebrate the Chinese New Year than celebrated the Valentine Day.

I think that’s only I can say about Valentine Day because I have no experience on celebrating Valentine Day. So, see you in the next entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment